Elegant Code to host Open Space Get together

Elegant Code is hosting an Open Spaces session.  An Open Spaces session is a discussion where the attendees generate the topics. There will be no presentation, no lecture, no PowerPoint slides, ...

GeekFest Party at TechEd 2008 Developer Conference

Let’s face it, going to technical conferences is good for your career, but it’s not a whole lot of fun. What you need is an outlet. You need to have fun. That’s where we step in. Cheap beer and lousy...

Boise SQL Server User Group

The newly formed Boise SQL Server User Group kicks off its first meeting with Kalen Delaney on June 25, 2008. I’m happy to see a Microsoft SQL Server user group in Boise. It will fit nicely wit...

Regional Director: 2007 Global Impact Awards

I had to show off my three amigos here. In 2007, as in 2006, I logged enough Global Impact activities to achieve the gold status award. Along with it came the bronze and silver awards as well. This t...

Accentient to sponsor Boise Code Camp 3.0

It’s not much, but we heard that call that there “wouldn’t be free coffee” at the Boise Code Camp 3.0 this coming March 8, so we’re kicking in, so that we can enjoy free...

Remembering Jim Gray and a Tribute

Time flies. It has been a year since Dr. Gray, a Microsoft research fellow and Turing Award-winner, went missing while sailing off San Francisco. A year ago, at Boise Code Camp 2.0, I hosted a sessio...

Separated at birth

One is an award winning anti-virus writer, and the other is an expert in .NET architecture and ALM tools … Do you know your geeks?