Today I was trying to open the ProcessGuidance.html file …
A double-click, or a right-click > Open both resulted in Internet Explorer asking me if I want to Save or Cancel the document download. This was a surprise. I was expecting it to just open the web page.
It turns out that this is a setting in SharePoint Foundation 2010. Here are the steps I followed to fix this:
- Launched SharePoint 2010 Central Administration.
- Clicked Application Management > Manage web applications.
- Selected my web application.
- Selected General Settings.
- Scrolled down and selected Permissive Browser File Handling.
Now the document opens up in the browser, rather than prompting me to save it!